Hilary Mantel Wins a Second Booker Prize




Hilary Mantel Wins a Second Booker Prize, cosa que solo pudieron dos escritores, Peter Carey y J.M. Coetzee.




Mantel was raised a Roman Catholic and educated at convent school.
However, the 59-year-old writer said child abuse scandals involving Roman Catholic priests demonstrated the “cruelty” and “hypocrisy” of the church.
Asked if she would call for a priest on her deathbed, Mantel replied: “No. I might very well call for a Church of England vicar, but I would not call for a Catholic priest.
“I’m one of nature’s Protestants. I should never have been brought up as a Catholic. I think that nowadays the Catholic Church is not an institution for respectable people.”

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Cinco Tierras Reserva Malbec

Adiós a un Grande del ROCK - PAJARITO ZAGURI